1. You will learn time and time again what it means to break. Sometimes it will hit you in the gut and you will swear over and over that time will not heal these wounds, but it will.
2. I promise, you are not in love. I know—trust me, I know that you want it so badly. Your heart is seeping through your chest and you cannot help but wonder why he and she and they don’t want your love.
3. Your mother will remind you to stop crying over people who do not love you, but you have never been a good listener.
4. Don’t let anyone tell you that your heart is too big. You will love him and her countless times and I promise that it will hurt, but it will be so damned beautiful.
5. At your darkest times, your notebook and pen will be your salvation. I advise you to write everything because one day you will write some of your best work. Never forget to put your heart on the page. It will be messy and sticky. Your heart will want to collapse and your skin will peal, but you will be a better person.
6. Even when you lay protected and guarded, you still manage to be your own enemy. Listen to me—there will be scratches and scars and bloody skin and bruises, but you will be victorious."